Sunday, November 15, 2009

This morning as I am preparing for the 5:30am visitation, I find myself asking, "What makes Momma so positive, so confident during this tribulation?" It is her faith in God. It is as Mary Margaret S. said to me yesterday "I don't know how people go through this without knowing Jesus." Then the chorus of Mom's favorite hymn started to sing within me.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living
just because He lives!

If you know this marvelous hymn by Bill & Gloria Gaither, think about the 3rd verse. It is true of the marvelous Glenda Cole.

always singing,
tescille

1 comment:

  1. tescille,
    this is amazing you are doing this for your family and friends! what an amazingly unselfish gift. you are speaking of your mom's strength and peace-look at you! your writings convey your peace in God's plan for all of you and your comfort in knowing that you all are in the palm of his hand. i am in bryan and am more than wiling to help in anyway that you could need. i will deliver sonic drinks, even. My number is 979-777-9427. please call for anything. i know that i am just 1 of 100 or more who have offered to help but know that i am sincere.
    love to you and your family,
    allison tucker

    ReplyDelete