Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tonight, Dr. Scott said a few more days of ICU are needed before moving Mom to a regular room. Then afterwards, she'll be assigned to in-patient rehabilitation - learning to re-use muscle groups. She is doing a little bit right now - raising her arms above her head, grabbing the bedrails to pull herself up, crossing her ankles, turning her neck more, etc.. When she is off the bipap machine, her breathing is very labored and they have almost re-tubed her twice in 48 hours. But the respiratory therapist seems to think the bipap is the best thing for her now. If she has to be re-tubed (ventilator), then we take a step backwards.

Mom is heavily sedated for pain management and she needs rest. She is most lucid from 9:30-10:00am. Thank you to all of her visitors today: Kay McW., Paco, Janet N., Marilyn Y., and Charmen C.. She loves her visitors.

From Psalm 71
14.But I will keep on hoping for you to help me; I will praise you more and more.
15.I will tell everyone about your righteousness. All day long I will proclaim your saving power, for I am overwhelmed by how much you have done for me.
16.I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign LORD. I will tell everyone that you alone are just and good.
17.O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I have constantly told others about the wonderful things you do.
18.Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me.
19.Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens. You have done such wonderful things. Who can compare with you, O God?
20.You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
21.You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again.
22.Then I will praise you with music on the harp, because you are faithful to your promises, O God. I will sing for you with a lyre, O Holy One of Israel.
23.I will shout for joy and sing your praises, for you have redeemed me.

Pray for comfort, resilience, and the grasp of hope.

always singing,
tescille

No comments:

Post a Comment